SAVE THE DATE: OCTOBER 19 - 21, 2016
The FIU McNair Scholars Research Conference 2015 Committee
Thanks the presenters, judges, and graduate fair recruiters
for helping to make a successful conference 2015
The FIU McNair Scholars Research Conference offers a dynamic, interdisciplinary forum in which undergraduate students can share their work. Students actively contributing to research under the guidance of a university professor are invited to participate. Work in the area of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) and related fields will be presented as posters and/or orally. Important feedback will help students to improve their investigational and presentation skills, and the experience will prepare them to compete at even higher levels in the future.
The FIU McNair Scholars Research Conference helps students build both their skills and their resumes while providing valuable information about graduate school. Keynote speakers will address the challenges and rewards of earning advanced degrees, and graduate program recruiters will offer advice and information during the graduate school fair.
McNair at FIU
The FIU Ronald E. McNair Post Baccalaureate Achievement Program, which runs the FIU McNair Scholars Research Conference, was established in 2003 and is funded under Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965. For more information, click here.
- Abstract submissions
- Poster presentations and competition
- Research workshops with oral presentations
- Keynote speakers
- Graduate school fair
- Graduate school question-and-answer panel
- Networking welcome reception (students and faculty)
Who should attend?
- Undergraduate students involved in high-quality research, under the guidance of faculty, in STEM and related fields including, but not limited to, McNair scholars.
- University administrators, faculty and staff working with undergraduate students
The conference will give student attendees:
- Experience in presenting their research to an interdisciplinary audience
- A forum for receiving valuable feedback and productive critiques of their research and presentations
- Exposure to the research work of other students
- Opportunities to network with professors and others working in STEM and related fields
- Motivational and informational talks on the graduate admissions process and requirements
- Access to a graduate school recruitment fair to learn about master’s and Ph.D. programs at universities
- Talks on graduate school fellowships and other funding
Florida International University
A member of the State University System of Florida, FIU is an urban, multi-campus, public research university serving its students and the diverse population of South Florida.
Download the FIU Mobile App from the Apple Store or from Google Play.
View the FIU Modesto Maidique Campus Map. The conference will be held in the Graham Center (On the map, search for Ernest R. Graham Center).